How can i foward an email to a existing service desk issue

Sebastian Koch June 2, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Receiving requests by email

Is there a way to forward an email and attach it to an existing issue, , e.g. if the customer changed the subject or sent new information independent from the existing issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2016

Hello Sebastian, 

I made some test a few minutes ago and I found an way:

You have two actions/sittuations:

• S1: User sent the first email to support's mail
  • S2: Another user sent a second email with new information and you want to forward to issue/request

You can forward S2 to request opened in S1. But you'll change the subject to (ISSUE_ID) - for example: (JSD-1042) - and you'll put jira@yourdomain.atlassian.net

You also can put the (ISSUE_ID) Text1 Text2.

I made four test and work it. You can see at the pictures:

warning All content in your thread goes to issue/request as a only comment. warning So you should avoid do it.

Test One

Email

image2016-6-2 20:6:0.png

Customer Portal

image2016-6-2 20:7:12.png

JIRA

image2016-6-2 20:8:44.png

Test Four

Email

image2016-6-2 20:9:17.png

Customer Portal

image2016-6-2 20:9:57.png

JIRA

image2016-6-2 20:10:18.png

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2016

Sebastian, 

Is this helped you? Lemme know if you still have any doubt. 

Regards.

John Callanan October 23, 2018

It didn't work for me. It just created a new issue with the (ISSUE_ID) as the issue name.

0 votes
Sebastian Koch June 6, 2016

Dear Lameck,

yes this was helpful. I tried it and forwarding with the proper subject does attach comments - thanks for your help.

Regards

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2016

It's good! \o/

Like Damian Mackle likes this

Suggest an answer