How can i configure a readable field which can be viewed as well..

satyakam panigrahi November 20, 2013

What i observed is: if i create a readable custom field then can't be viewed, so only option i found is puuting those kind of fields under view screen only..

Can any one confirm me that if this is the solution or there is some other better way as well.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2013

Yes. If you create a read-only type field, you can put it on a "view" screen ad you will see it when you view the issue. However, these fields are READ only. The users can't put anything into them. You need code to put data in them.

satyakam panigrahi November 21, 2013

Hi Nic,

to make my query more clear,

I want to import some value in to a custom field (as a part of cvs import), which should not be editable ,however the field should be visible in the screen while viewing the issue,

option-1: if i make a field as "read only" first of all it does not come under the custom field list while importing.

option-2: So only option i see is to create a text field & add it only to "view screen"

Hope i am clear now..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2013

Option 2 is what I said in my first answer, and is what you need to do.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2013

I'm not sure what the question is here. Are you asking for a "read only" field? There are some in the standard list of fields, but you have to set their values in code.

If you want a field that is enterable on issue create, but not with edit or transitions, then set up separate screens for Create, View, Edit and all your transitions and make sure the field is only on Create.

satyakam panigrahi November 20, 2013

Yes, am talking about "read only field" ,

if i create a "read only field" then can i view it ?

If the ans is No then if any field to be created as "readable"(should be visible without write(edit) permission) then only solution i feel is to create a field & add it to only to "view screen"

Please let me know if i my understanding is correct ?

Suggest an answer