How can i change default view for issues navigator to List?

Antonio Duarte July 18, 2013

Is there any way that the issues navigator has always to the default view rather List than Details?

Some property for the jira-config.properties file or some modification in xml?

Thank you very much.
Regards.

10 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Antonio Duarte September 22, 2013

Please, no user interaction.

it automatically has the default list view.

Regards. Antonio.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2013

yes as a admin, you change the view. Now whoever the user logged in to the system, he see the list view itself.

10 votes
fordmaxson October 22, 2015

If I understand the question (and I would like the answer as well)...

1.  Go to your JIRA Project window
  2.  On the left side there is a menu with 'Releases', 'Reports', 'Issues', etc.  Click 'Issues'
  3.  The view that displays has a list of issues on the left and shows a single issue on the right.  I do not like this view sad
  4. In the upper right, click on "View All Issues and Filters" link.
  5. I am now looking at basically the same 'yucky' view, but in the upper right there is an icon.  Click it and you have an option to display "Detail View" or "List View".  Click on "List View".  Ahhh...much prettier than "Detail View" smile.
  6. So now the question, is there a way to make step 2 default to "List View" rather than "Detail View"?
3 votes
Antonio Duarte July 24, 2013

... i would like to load list view by default at issues navigator. How can i do that?

1 vote
Antonio Duarte July 21, 2013

Any help please?

Need to be loaded by default, the list view in the issues navigator's for all users.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2013

I'm not even sure what the question here is. The issue navigator IS a list already. So I don't know what "list view" means.

Barbara Ilves December 13, 2017

It's not a list by default but "detailed view". I want a list of issues without detailed view to be in issue search by default. How can I achieve that?

fordmaxson December 14, 2017

Please see this video Nic (if you are still around since 2013... lol) and you'll understand.... because we still haven't fixed the request in 2017.

https://screencast.com/t/vykmeb2AxaZ

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2017

Same answer.

0 votes
Antonio Duarte September 19, 2013

That no matter . I will configure the fields that i want after, i only need that first once the users access to that page, they can view like list view by default.

Thank you very much for your interesting.

Regards.

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2013

hello Antonio Duarte,

List view in the sense,do you want only Issue Key and Summary?

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2013

just see

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+the+Issue+Navigator

in that he mentioned how to switch from detail view to list view and viceversa.

0 votes
Antonio Duarte July 18, 2013

Thank you!
But what I want is that anyone who enters the first time have JIRA default list view and not the Details view.
I think this cannot be done from the Administration section of JIRA.

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2013
0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2013
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2013

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question