Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add custom view to JIRA IssueNavigator?

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2012

Hi,

It could be very convient for end-users to have custom views for IssueNavigator.

Currently existing issues visualizators plugins add reports/gadgets/pages and repeat selectors for all possible issue fields. Sometimes this is reasonable, but for pure custom visualization of jira issues, like charts, that could be improved. Using instant search, select e.g. chart view and see jira issues at different perspective!

Is it possible to add custom view to Issue Navigator already?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2012

I'm not sure what you mean by "custom view" to be honest.

The issue navigator is one way to look at a list of issues. If you look at the top of the issue navigator, there are a set of other ways to view the list - RSS, XML, Excel and so-on. You can certainly write plugins to add more views in there, and I think that's probably what you want to aim for.

For more flexible displays though, your users can use their dashboards to get results from saved filters.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2012

Yes, that's exactly what I'm looking for, how I "can certainly write plugins to add more views in there"?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2012
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2012

Oh, that's something, though looks like it must render every issue separetly, thus not applicable for chart view, e.g. Am I wrong?

Thank you.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2013

Well, bigger problem I faced, is that any custom view is rendered without issue navigator context, I mean filter settings, etc. Created https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31586

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events