How can One sprint be linked to two different projects

Vikas Chhatwal November 13, 2013

I have two different projects named X1 and X2 and two different Leads for both.

I have created sprints under these projects, Sprint 1. Now when I change the name of the Sprint 1 to Sprint X1 for the X1 project, the sprint name is changed in X2 Project as well to , Sprint X1.

And when I change the sprint name in X2 Project - it reflects the same on X1 Project.

I wish to know how are these two projects linked? And what can I do to have two different sprint names for these projects. Since these are two different projects, worked on by different teams and the Leads (owner) of the projects are different. And hence I want to have different sprint names.

Thanks,

Vikas

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2013

Vikas,

The relation/logic goes like this

Board => Board's Filter => Get All Sprints associated with the issues from that Filter

So in this it appears that these two boards shares a set of issues and hence it is actually the same sprint being modified.

If the filter includes a specific project, then the newly created sprints should be distinct.

Vikas Chhatwal December 4, 2013

Thanks Renjith.

Suggest an answer