How can Jira users create a linked Jira issue from a Service Desk issue?

Ben Upham November 8, 2018

Hi,

I would like our Jira software users to be able to create a linked issue in a Jira software project from a Jira Service Desk issue. I granted "Link Issues" permission to "Application Access: Any Logged In User" but users that are not Service Desk users cannot "Create Linked Issue" in the 3-dot menu. Service Desk users can. 

Related: The "Create Linked Issue" screen does not allow for specifying the Assignee. I looked in the Screens list but couldn't find a screen I might edit for this. 

If I could figure out either of these my problem would be solved. 

Thanks,

Ben

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user November 9, 2018

Hi @Ben Upham,

As far as I am aware, non-agents on Service Desk projects (collaborators), are not able to create linked issues. It appears that only service desk licensed users are able to perform this action. 

You could give up another licence to a Jira Software user so they are able to create linked issues though, as you are already aware this would incur a cost. :( 

On a separate note, I have not found a method to alter the Create Linked Issues screen to include an assignee field. I assume the destination project's settings would kick in and assign it to the Project Lead or to Unassigned. 

Apologies I cannot be of any further assistance.

Ben Upham November 9, 2018

Thank you for trying and the quick reply. 

Suggest an answer