How can JSM customers bypass captcha?

Matt April 8, 2024

I have a JSM project which is being used a number of users that receive a captcha challenge prompt whenever they go to log a request, the issue is that users are receiving an error after completing the captcha challenge which prevents them from completing the request form. Is there a way to bypass the captcha challenge altogether or a probable cause for this error?

1 answer

1 vote
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2024

Hi @Matt ,

According to this article, currently it's not possible to modify complexity or frequency of Captcha prompts nor disable it for individual users. However, it's possible to disable it for the entire instance with Atlassian Support assistance.

There are multiple feature requests aimed to improve Captcha management, which are listed in the article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-captcha-works-in-jira-cloud-1345825019.html#:~:text=How%20to%20modify%20or%20disable,instance%20with%20Atlassian%20Support%20assistance.

Matt April 9, 2024

Thankyou @Carlos Garcia Navarro , would disabling the captcha challenge be a site change or org wide? Noting that my JIRA instance sits within a larger org

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2024

I believe it's for the whole Jira instance, so if the whole organization is using the same instance, the change would impact everyone.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events