How can I set a default Value via Script Runner when a custom field gets a specific value ?

mel vega December 7, 2015

Hi,

I have a custom field "Client" and another one "relevant entities".

When the field "Client" gets a specific value, let's say XX; I'd need that the "relevant entities" field to set a default value, YY.

I tried this code viaScript Runner-Behaviour plugin;

import com.onresolve.jira.groovy.user.FormField

FormField fieldClient = getFieldById("customfield_10112") def RelevantEntities = getFieldById("customfield_10367") def defaultValue = ("[10643]")

String client = fieldClient.getValue()

if (client.getvalue("[10297]") { //XX    RelevantEntities.setFormValue(defaultValue) }

but it does not work. Any ideas please?

Thanks in advance for your help

Melissa

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2016

Hi Mel,

Assuming your Client and relevant entities fields are of the Select List type then you could use code similar to the example below in order to achieve your requirements above. The example below was created using JIRA 6.4 and Script Runner version 4.1.3.7.

import com.onresolve.jira.groovy.user.FormField

// Get the custom fields by Name
def fieldClient = getFieldByName("Client") 
def RelevantEntities = getFieldByName("relevant entities") 

// Get the value of the client field to test
def clientVal = fieldClient.getValue()

//The ID of the YY option on the relevant entities select list field
int defaultVal = 10203

// If the value selected is XX then set the default value in the relevant entities select list 
if (clientVal =="XX") {
    RelevantEntities.setFormValue(defaultVal)
}

I hope this helps

Thanks

Kristian

mel vega January 6, 2016

many thabks

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2016

Hi Mel, I am glad the solution works. Thank you for accepting the answer. Kristian

0 votes
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2015

Hi Melissa, What types your custom fields have ?

Suggest an answer