How can I see the reason for a transition failure?

Teddy Funger February 9, 2015

When I create a branch through JIRA, it should transition the issue to the next state. When I create the branch, in the workflow transition edit page, it says there was a transition error on the issue, and it gives me what looks like an id in the form of "1423487962418". Is there a place I can see an error message?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2015

Since you are on cloud, you will have to request for logs from Atlassian.

I would start by looking at the workflow conditions/validators/post functions just to make sure they don't reference an invalid entity like a deleted custom field. And then request for logs if I can't find anything suspicious.

Interesting, I didn't know you could request logs from them. I hope it isn't a long process. This used to work, then stopped working after the cloud update.

Is there an easy API to request logs, or do I have to do that through a support ticket?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2015

Support ticket I am afraid!

Deleted user February 19, 2015

Were you able to figure out what was causing the failures? I'm suffering from the same issue where everything was working fine, and now suddenly we are getting random transition failures.

1 vote
Teddy Funger February 19, 2015

Hey Yall,

Apparently this is a bug. You can track the progress here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/DCON-487

Deleted user February 19, 2015

Thank you for informing me of this. Now that you mention it, the random failures did start happening right around when I added the Hipchat post functions. I will disable the post functions for now and wait until that issue is resolved.

Suggest an answer