How can I restrict certain user roles from commenting on a closed issue

Tim Hotham August 31, 2018

I tried the suggested solution where I used the settings in the workflow (see screenshot), however - this restricted all users ability to comment, I only want to restrict a single user group.

Customer Tester.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2018

Hello @Tim Hotham

I am not sure , but you can add this property to closed status

jira.permission.comment.group=some-group

Instead of some-group use the jira admin group and thus only admins should be able to add comment on closed issues and no one else.

I shall try that, thanks

@Tarun Sapra I tried that, still restricted every user group ;-(

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Tim

Like Jeffrey Bistrong likes this
0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2018

Hello, @Tim Hotham!

Check your project's permission scheme. There should be a set of permissions related to comments:

Permissions.jpg

Thanks Greg, the user role I want to restrict has permissions to add/edit comments, but I want the ability to stop that specific role from being able to add comments when a ticket is closed in the workflow.

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2018

Oh, I see now, sorry.

I know the answer but only for a field, not a comment section :(

Let's wait for someone else to advise.

@Grigory Salnikov

No problem, I did try the solution offered here;

page https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-can-I-prevent-a-customer-from-commenting-a-closed-issue-but/qaq-p/12470

But when I added the user role with the restriction to the properties of ‘Closed’ in the workflow (see screen shot), it disabled the ability for anyone to add comments

Suggest an answer