How can I prevent a customer from commenting a closed issue, but allow an agent to add an internal comment?

I would like to inhibit a JIRA Service Desk Customer from commenting a closed issue, but at the same time I would like that agents and collaborators are able to add internal comments on the closed issue.

I know that there is a step property in JIRA workflows called "jira.permission.comment.user" that can inhibit comments on that step. Unfortunally this would prevent from commenting not only the customers, but also agents and collaborators.

How can I get this?

Thanks, regards

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Maybe you can try:

jira.permission.comment.projectrole.1=xxxxx

jira.permission.comment.projectrole.2=yyyyy

where xxxxx is the project role id of agents and yyyyy is the project role id of collaborators

see: http://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status

Yes, this is the solution. Thanks, very much

thank you for sharing! this worked :) I do not know if anyone can share any input on how to prevent a symptom of this change.

We have email requests enabled for our service desk - so now that we restricted commenting on closed tickets the system is creating a new ticket with the same informaiton. 

Any idea on how to prevent that? Specifially if customers reply thanks we do not want to have duplicates that contain thank you in the description. 

Hi Rose,

A possible solution might be having another status "Fully Closed" which restrict commenting.

Then add an automation rule to transit the "Closed" issues for more than 7 days into "Fully Closed".

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi David,

You could try to add an extra transition called 'Comment' on the workflow that goes from the Closed status back to the Closed status but that's only availble for your internal users (you can do this using the conditions on the transition).

You now just need to add a screen with only a comment field on to the transition and you're done.

Best regards,

Peter

That will definitely work!

No, I tried, but unfortunally if you set the jira.permission.comment.user to false for the closed step, then the comment is also inbhibited on the transitions starting from that step

I had once a similar scenario with editing. So on the step had jira.issue.editable = false but could edit during a circular transition. You are sure you dont have that property in the transition as well?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

226 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you