How can I only copy the comments that are added after cloning?

Jeanette Brink May 1, 2023

Hi,

When we clone a ticket from JSM to Dev(Jira software) we clone all comments with a postfunction. All the comments added after the cloning on one of the tickets we want to be copied back to the linked ticket. The below automation does that (a little bit to) perfectly, but how can I prevent the already copy comments at the moment of cloning being copied back? 

Automation.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Thibaut Subra _Elements_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2023

Hello @Jeanette Brink 

If you are looking for a simple way to do that and if you don't mind using third party apps, our Copy & Sync application can help you with that.

The advantage with our app is that you can easily clone an issue to another project with all their comments and synchronize them so when a comment is made on one side, it will be synchronized on the other side (as well as edits and deletions for instance).

That way you keep consistency between issues and projects. Our application can do a lot more and you can insert recipe in your automations if needed.

Let me know if I can help you with that!

You can try our app for free for 30 days, and it's free of charge under 10 users.

Regards

Thibaut

0 votes
Himanshi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2023

Hello @Jeanette Brink , 

Welcome to community!
You can click on "prevent duplicates by only adding this comments once to a particular issue." This would not create duplicate comment on the issue via automation rule.Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 3.51.17 PM.png

In case you already have comments added on the issue manually or exported through other tool then I doubt that the automation rule would validate it. However, you can try and test it by executing on one issue manually.

Hope the shared information would be helpful.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events