How can I modify visible fields in the JIRA service desk customer portal?

mikecroft December 10, 2015

I am evaluating JIRA Service Desk for use with external customers. A key requirement for us is to be able to expose custom information to our customers about their tickets. Defect status, for example, where a bug has been found or target release for bug fixes.

The default view of a ticket doesn't give very good "at-a-glance" information on the status of tickets.

Is this possible with Service Desk?

3 answers

0 votes
Madhusudhan Matrubai December 18, 2015

So here comes the bad news - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-93 and they asking me to vote on it and then caution me that votes are not sufficient alone, their regular script/excuse for not implementing a critical feature like this. :(

0 votes
Bonnie Berry December 11, 2015

Yes, we need the list view too! We want to add a simple export option because our customers may want to export issues for reporting purposes as well. I can't believe this hasn't been done yet?

0 votes
Madhusudhan Matrubai December 11, 2015

yeah that's true, even we face that issue. Also very soon you will be asking for the feature wherein your customers would like to increase the priority of a submitted ticket or modify a custom value. Which is not possible at the moment, afaik. I have raised a support ticket against this, I will try to update here once they manage to respond/resolve it. Looking at their support portal, they also suffer this behavior, so keep your hopes low. :(

Suggest an answer