How can I make the Subtask Filter "Hide Done" in the new Issue Detail view default?

Tiedemann Marc February 27, 2019

Hey there!

I have some big Issues with lot's of Subtasks to handle at the moment. There is this nice and option to "Hide Done" Subtasks which helps seeing what is still open while grooming the backlog.

The thing is, that this is by default off. Is there a way to configure this as default on?

Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-27 um 10.10.55.png

26 answers

23 votes
Frank van Braak May 29, 2019

Would love this feature aswell

Damien_R March 30, 2022

Yes, please! :)

10 votes
ALEXANDRE CORMIER-CARON November 21, 2019

I would like this feature too.

7 votes
Richard Ostrochovský March 7, 2020

Definitely, there should be a way, how to make "hide done" persistent. At least make it "sticky" - when set on particular issue, keep that for that user.

5 votes
keithm March 3, 2022

hide done default.. why do I need to click this 500 times a day?

5 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2019

Hello @Tiedemann Marc 

Currently it's not possible, please see the open ticket here

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71447

Tiedemann Marc February 27, 2019

The issue described in the ticked actually works already. But only if there are open and closed issues in the list. Like you see in my screenshot. There is the option to "Hide done".

My question is regarding if we can set this filter as default enabled somewhere in the settings? 

So it does not always first load all subtasks but only the open ones. This would increase loading times drasticly.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2019

Hello @Tiedemann Marc 

If I select this option "Show Open" for the sub-tasks of the user-story then this option is persisted if I open other stories in the "old issue view". But in the project level, I don't see an option to persist this across the project or at a global level.

Kenny March 7, 2019

@Tiedemann Marc I too would like to see this feature! Very annoying at meetings to have to always Hide the subtasks every time I open the Issue.

Kenny

Frank van Braak May 29, 2019

Would love this feature aswell!

Kanban_Accelerated_Delivery__KAD_ August 4, 2019

Me too!

3 votes
Harald Schmitzer January 7, 2020

Agree, that it is annoying to have to hide them each time manually.

3 votes
nicubarbaros October 31, 2019

Any news here? Truly annoying ;(

2 votes
stoplion September 9, 2022

Are you kidding me? I have to click "Hide Done" every time I navigate to an Epic? Ridiculous. Jira is enterprise cruft-ware..

2 votes
scortumee August 24, 2022

It is Septemter 2022 and still not implemented.
They don't really listen to their customers. Do they?

2 votes
Mark Benander January 7, 2022

This would be a very welcome customer satisfaction feature.  The need to scroll and click twice to trim the story to only remaining work every time you open a story is the definition of Toil.  It doesn't take too long, and I do it mindlessly, but the number of times I do it a day adds up quickly.

1 vote
JC August 17, 2022

+1 vote for this feature, tiny change which would spare many dozens of clicks a day...

1 vote
Kenneth Tilton November 16, 2021

"Hide done" totally needs to be made sticky. Super annoying when updating tickets.

1 vote
Tries October 14, 2021

Why would hide done not be the default???  (This to me is not so much a feature enhancement as an error in the UI)

0 votes
Kalvin Mizzi May 11, 2023

Without this feature, subtasks seems pretty unusable.  Becomes very hard to manage large tasks.

0 votes
Ashley Spurlin April 5, 2023

Would also appreciate this feature.

0 votes
Damien_R March 30, 2022

Please make it a feature! Ticking "Hide done" 500 times per day is very tiring :)

0 votes
keithm March 3, 2022

Should be the default

0 votes
roxana carstea October 23, 2021

I vote for that as well!

0 votes
Carl Stephan Aspfors June 7, 2021

And some goes for me as well.

There is a ticket regarding this (needs to be voted up I guess)
Make the "Hide Done sub-tasks" option permanent

How hard can it be to make it configurable?

0 votes
Catarino Gonçalo May 26, 2021

Same here.

0 votes
Dennis Guilbault May 10, 2021

I want this too.  This is horribly irratating.

0 votes
Josh Smythe April 28, 2021

Yes, I too want this

0 votes
Jacob Graf April 26, 2021

hello, throwing my hat in the ring. would really love this enhancement pls.

0 votes
Ruth December 3, 2020

Any update on this? I agree this is really annoying, if we are looking through stories we have to redo the setting everytime we open a new (or previously opened) story

0 votes
ori-liv October 13, 2020

I vote for that as well!

Suggest an answer