• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • How can I let JIRA automatically create predefined sub-tasks after some end user raise a ticket in specific issue type and/or a component?

How can I let JIRA automatically create predefined sub-tasks after some end user raise a ticket in specific issue type and/or a component?

How can I let JIRA automatically create predefined sub-tasks after some end user raise a ticket in specific issue type and/or a component?

If it couldn't work in JIRA OnDemand, does it work in JIRA Enterprise and how?

Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

you replied at light speed. :-) let me take a look.

thx a lot for the useful comment

Hi Bob,

I failed to find step 5 Add Create sub-task on transition post function
in JIRA On-Premise 5.2.8 as the URL. Any ideas?

It is a post function that ships with Create on Transition Plugin for JIRA and that is why it can only be installed with download version.

Thank you Bob. Will give it a try once available.

Thanks again. It helps.

1 vote

Also see create subtask function in script runner plugin.

Thanks Jamie. Will try it soon.

Jamie,

Thanks again. It works well.

Here is a step-by-step visual guide on how to configure a Jira Workflow to create an issue with several sub-tasks automatically - http://isolasoftware.it/2014/01/08/create-an-issue-in-jira-with-predefined-sub-tasks/

This is done without buying add-ons.

Giuliio. A bit stumped by your comment "this is done without buying add-ons." when one of the steps is to install Script Runner.

By following the step, sub-tasks will created automatically. However, all these sub-tasks are in Unassigned state. How to pre-assign the sub-task?

Thanks Giulio, we already use Script Runner so your page was very useful.

This only works for the server version, not on cloud. Any way to do this in the hosted version?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,321 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot