• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • How can I let JIRA automatically create predefined sub-tasks after some end user raise a ticket in specific issue type and/or a component?

How can I let JIRA automatically create predefined sub-tasks after some end user raise a ticket in specific issue type and/or a component?

How can I let JIRA automatically create predefined sub-tasks after some end user raise a ticket in specific issue type and/or a component?

If it couldn't work in JIRA OnDemand, does it work in JIRA Enterprise and how?

Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Not for OnDemand, but for download: How to create subtasks on initial issue create

you replied at light speed. :-) let me take a look.

thx a lot for the useful comment

Hi Bob,

I failed to find step 5 Add Create sub-task on transition post function
in JIRA On-Premise 5.2.8 as the URL. Any ideas?

It is a post function that ships with Create on Transition Plugin for JIRA and that is why it can only be installed with download version.

Thank you Bob. Will give it a try once available.

Thanks again. It helps.

Also see create subtask function in script runner plugin.

Thanks Jamie. Will try it soon.

Jamie,

Thanks again. It works well.

Here is a step-by-step visual guide on how to configure a Jira Workflow to create an issue with several sub-tasks automatically - http://isolasoftware.it/2014/01/08/create-an-issue-in-jira-with-predefined-sub-tasks/

This is done without buying add-ons.

Giuliio. A bit stumped by your comment "this is done without buying add-ons." when one of the steps is to install Script Runner.

By following the step, sub-tasks will created automatically. However, all these sub-tasks are in Unassigned state. How to pre-assign the sub-task?

Thanks Giulio, we already use Script Runner so your page was very useful.

This only works for the server version, not on cloud. Any way to do this in the hosted version?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

143 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you