How can I hide a Request Type (From Customer Portal)

nikhil.shrivastava January 17, 2018

Hi All,

We have many request type but we want to hide some Request Types for later use, so at the moment we dont want our customers to see those  Request Type (Forms) on Customer Portal. I was looking for the solutions or hide functionality but couldn't find. Please advise.

Thanks,

Nik

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Stuart Mills August 26, 2019

Hi Nik,

Firstly, you need to be logged in as an administrator of your project, in the Project Settings area and then the Request Types area.

Your breadcrumbs up top should read "Projects / <your project name> / Project Settings" and you should see all of your Request types in a list.

Once there, find the request type that you wish to hide, and click on the Edit groups link.

This will show you all of the groups that this request type will be visible for.

If you wish that this is not visible for any group, i.e. hidden, then you need to un-tick all of the groups listed here, and click Save.

This should then move the request type into the 'Hidden from portal' section on the left, with the little 'eye' icon.

You can revert this from the General list of request types by clicking on the 'Add existing request type' button on the top right, and selecting it from the list.

Hope that helps,

Stuart

Marios Chrysovergis September 2, 2019

Hi Stuart,

When I untick the General option and press save, I cannot save it.

Any idea why?

Thanks,

Marios

Apparently you need to be project admin to edit that.

Thomas Papougnot November 14, 2019

Hi Marios,

Maybe the request type you are trying to remove uses an issuetype that you have already removed from the project. 

If you put back the issuetype in the project, you should be able to untick the request type. Then you can remove again the unwanted issuetype. 

Best,

Thomas

Marios Chrysovergis November 14, 2019

yes that was the case. I solved that. Thanks for your answer Thomas

1 vote
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2018

Put them into the "Hidden from portal" group on the left hand side of the Request Types screen.

Clint Young July 11, 2018

This might be a dumb question, but once you have request types that are hidden, how does a support desk team member create issues that are of that request type? Do they create the issue and then add the request type or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance.

-Clint

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2018

Hi Clint, 

Request that are hidden can still be accessed via emails. Also, they are not hidden from your Service Desk team, it only impacts the customer portal the client work from.

Yes they would need to create the issue and add the request type. 

The better way would be setting an automation rule that automatically sets the request type on issue create to this particular request type. (Note that if you have multiple, you can add a check based on issue type to set the request type.)

Clint Young July 20, 2018

Hey Ismael, 

Put this answer on https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-create-a-JSD-ticket-using-a-hidden-request-type/qaq-p/847527#M272748 and I'll up vote it. 

Yesterday I came to similar conclusions when talking to coworkers so something must have been in the air. 

Thanks!!

0 votes
Cory Beck April 24, 2019

If you click Request Types then Edit Groups you can move request type from the active section to the hidden section. 

Sue Hannan January 25, 2021

Hi, in my case I wanted to unhide a request type so I had to click on portal groups (expand my request types) and then add request type which pulled up my hidden request types to allow me to 'unhide' request types. 

Suggest an answer