How can I get the human readable Jira Cloud Version ?

suman.b April 15, 2023

Hello Everyone,

I just want to know the Jira version of my cloud instance using REST api. The Jira version should be in the format such as  9.7.1, 8.1.3. But there is no api I found for it.

However I got the one,  https://your-domain.atlassian.com/rest/api/3/serverInfo  which responds the server info and it does not contain the version number I required.

It contains the information related to version and build number like below, which doesn't cover my use case.

version": "1001.0.0-SNAPSHOT"
buildNumber: 100221,

Is there any REST api or some other way through which I can get the JIRA cloud version in format such as 9.7.1, 8.1.3 ?

5 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2023

I won't repeat what the others have said, but I do want to ask why you think you want this version number.

It is of absolutely no use to a subscriber to the service.  The only use for it is for a bit of Compliance logging and the answer to "what version was/is it?" is "latest at the time".

2 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2023
0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2023

Hi @suman.b and welcome to the community,

As both @Carlos Garcia Navarro and @marc -Collabello--Phase Locked- stated with their post, in cloud there is no version ingredient number like on server. And as Nick said on the link provided by Carlos, you are running the latest cloud version.

0 votes
ameliaava April 15, 2023

You can check Jira Software version on the footer of any page in JIRA. It will be written in grey font. Or you can go to Applicatons->Versions and Licenses. You can see there the verisons of Jira Software, Jira Service Desk and Jira Core.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2023

@ameliaava this is valid only for server and DC. Not for cloud.

Like # people like this
0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2023

There is no cloud version similar to the server versions.  That means a version like 9.7.1 simply does not exist on cloud.

Cloud versions change all the time, and Atlassian does not commit to using a user visible version specifier.  Also Atlassian uses feature flags to roll out new features, and that means in effect that different users could see a "different" Jira version.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events