Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there an official version number for the current Jira Cloud?

After digging everywhere I can't find a decent answer.

Some say there is a version number and some say there not.

I also came across this:

"we document the latest versions of JIRA Cloud by number, however, we don't have a public place to display this information for customers since they are not relevant at all."

So, which one is it?

3 answers

1 vote

Technically, there is a version number, and you can get it with a REST call for system information.

But it is of no use to you.  You have no control over what version you will be using, it changes frequently, and it tells you nothing about compatibility with other systems.

Why are you looking for a version number?

0 votes
Bloompeak Support Marketplace Partner Sep 10, 2020

Version number can be retrieved via below rest api.

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/serverInfo

0 votes
Guilhem Dupuy Community Leader Sep 10, 2020

Hello Guy,

I don't know exactly about this version number, which is very likely to exist even though it's not public, but I know this :

Jira Cloud is automatically updated for every user by Atlassian, hence every user from every instance, is working using the same "version number" of the Cloud version, which is the same for everyone at a given moment, independently of the company they are working for.

Hence, I don't know why you need this information for but as it is said in your quote, it's not a very "relevant" piece of information.

Keep me informed if it made your comprehension any clearer,

Guilhem

Hi,

As a Healthcare/Medical device company we should validate On the Shelf tools we use, also for our Quality Management, so it includes the JIRA.

Validation is done for intended use scenarios execute on a particular SW version. If JIRA cloud is updates recently without our control so this validation is not valid anymore.

Do you have any solution for that issue? can I freeze my cloud version? and sure need to know what version we are validating.

Hi,

@Talya Yurman you are right about the "not valid validation". We do have helped medical device companies with validation and see some solutions there. In case you'd like to learn more contact us and we can have chat on the topic. So just drop me an email: margus@softcomply.com 

We have also had discussion with Atlassian about this version number and actually there isnt one. This ecosystem API is just one piece of the puzzle, since whole Atlassian ecosystem is larger than just this component. 

cheers,

Margus

SoftComply

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone! Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course? We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting...

395 views 19 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you