How can I get the field "Flagged"?

Sarah December 17, 2018

for Jira Server v7.9.2:

Hello, 

I don't find the field "Flagged" when I go to Issues --> Fields --> Custom Fields.

(also when I search via *gg* I cannot find it)

Isn't it a default field?

Do you know how I can get it?

Thanks.

4 answers

1 vote
Filipi Lima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2022

This is quite old but I faced a similar situation - the Flagged field won't show up at all until you're Flagged at least one issue by right-clicking an issue on a board.

Then it will start showing up on custom field configuration and you can customize it.

Ken McClean
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2023

Thank you, this was driving me mad

Like Filipi Lima likes this
Filipi Lima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2023

I've been there! Glad to help!

0 votes
Sarah December 17, 2018

Thanks for the answers - but I don't find the field in the configuration.

Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2018

Please have a look in Custom fields. If it's no longer there perhaps someone has deleted it.

This is there in default setups:

Flagged - Allows to flag issues with impediments.

Sarah December 17, 2018

Yes, correct. In "Custom fields" I cannot find it (as described above).

Also when I search via "gg": 8DB2860A.PNG

Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2018

Flagged is not available from the Administration Search dialog box but Custom fields is.

Can you still "Flag" issues in your boards and if so, can you search for them in the Issue Navigator?

Sarah December 17, 2018

I found it!

The field was not applied to a Screen, neither the Default Screen.

Found it in a custom field scheme configuration.

Thanks.

Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2018

Glad you found it, out-of-the-box it should be added to the Default Screen

0 votes
Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2018

You can find the Flagged issues with the following JQL:

Flagged = Impediment

Flagging an issue

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2018

Dear Sarah, hi!

It seems to be a default field: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/flagging-an-issue-777002748.html 

Best regards,

Vasiliy

Suggest an answer