How can I filter all change data in my custom field?

Wimonrat Rattanakamut August 21, 2013

I want to create filter to show all data which selectd in custom field(Bottleneck) that I created type Multi Select.

all data --> old data ( before change ) & new data (after change)

I wanted New Value in this picture.

If I use field bottleneck in filter , it show only new data updated. But I want to show old and new data.(history data) How can I do?

3 answers

0 votes

Thank you so much

0 votes

Do you have plugin or something to help If I don't to select in database?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2013

It's not so much JQL or the search that doesn't support this, it's a matter of display. JQL finds issues, it doesn't say anything about what is displayed. The view screens determine what you see on-screen, and they do it with a combination of code to display the screen and code for each field that tells it how to display.

Most fields are self-contained - you can think of the view screen as saying "for this issue, how do I display the contents of this field?" and the field saying "here's the html you need". A multi-select field is written to display the current data.

The change history is available on the issue, so what you need is a field that will read that and display it, instead of just showing the current value.

I'm not aware of any plugin that will do this, but you could write one. I suspect a "scripted field" is the best bet - instead of writing a whole plugin to provide a multiselect, I would suggest you stick with your multi-select, and write a second field that simply displays the history of it - I think the script-runner plugin could to this.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2013

Can't add much to Nics comment. I'm not aware of such a plugin either.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2013

JQL does not support this functionality.

you would need to get this information out of your database. Look for tables changeitem and changegroup.

Suggest an answer