How can I export the date started field

Firas Hassan January 19, 2016

When exporting issues from JIRA, I would like to have the 'Date Started' field be one of the columns.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to figure out how to add this column to the list of displayed columns when searching for issues.

Please advise.

3 answers

0 votes

Thanks for the answers. I am sorry I wasn't clear in my question. What I need to do is to show the "date started" field in JIRA columns as seen in the below screenshots.

JiraColumns.png

date-started.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2016

Ah, that's not a custom field, it's part of a work log.

You won't get it out on the issue navigator, because it's not an issue field, and the navigator gives you one line per issue.

There's a couple of things I could suggest doing, but first you need to work out the answer to "which one"?  An issue can have many worklogs, all with different dates, so which one would you like to see? 

I would like to be able to see the first time log. This is just to know when work has actually started on the issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2016

I'm afraid the fixes I can think of all rely on add-ons you can't use on Cloud.  So you can't do it.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2016

Depends on how you are storing and interpreting the "date started" - do you have it in a custom field?  Or do you mean something like "sprint started" or "date an issue went through an aribitrary transition"?

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2016

Look for the columns button on your search page and then select the Start Date field.

image2016-1-19 17:1:4.png

This will then show on screen and also in exports.

Suggest an answer