Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I ensure "Create" always creates for the current project?

Hi,

When I am on a kanban board I find it quite cumbersome to add new issues. The blue Create-button at the top doesn't always default to the current project - which makes me add issues to wrong projects. Also, my columns of the Kanban-board don't show a + (plus)-sign button to use to create a ticket in a column.

The last thing might have something to do with the fact that this board also shows items from other projects. However, in another kanban board, which shows only one project, I also don't see the plus-button at the bottom. 

Hope someone can tell me how to do this most easily.

2 answers

0 votes
Vero Rivas Community Leader Jun 17, 2021

Thanks - I tried the Add Item link in the left bar, but that will open a new window instead of doing an action in the interface. Is there somesort of Javascript that I can use the invoke the Create Issue dialog with the current project?

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jun 20, 2021

Hi @Gabriël van der Kruijk

in a Kanban Backlog I am offered the option to create directly a new issue in there.

grafik.png

I seem to have understood, the rough idea is to create a new issue in backlog and then drag it into one of the columns in Kanban board.
I also do not have an option to create a new issue directly in Kanban board.
The create button (as far as I remember) does not always "know" in which project you currently "are".

Regards,
Daniel

Thanks - I see this. Also I've seen the business boards with "Create Issue" at the bottom of each column, which I think is the easiest solution. Very weird that Create doesn't just create for the current Project of which the board is a part - doesn't seem to hard to discover to me.

Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jun 27, 2021

After some research I believe there is a Suggestion exactly tailored to your request:

However, kindly double check if the Suggestion is reflecting your situation.
If so, you could click on "Vote for this issue" - alongside with "Start watching this issue", then you will get updates regarding its progress.

Regards,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you