How can I embed a Jira issue macro in my own website?

Borislav Traikov March 9, 2018

Hi all,

We are building a dashboard web application for internal purposes and we are adding URLs to Jira work items.

Is there a way to embed the Jira work items like Facebook page widgets for example?
Is there an easy way like an iframe with a specific URL?

I am looking for exactly the same outcome as the Jira Issue/Filter macro for Confluence ... but for a non-Confluence website. :)

Here's a screenshot of the desired outcome:

Jira-issue-embedded.png

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Vincent T May 29, 2020

Hey Borislav,

I'm looking for the same thing as you. Was curious if you have found something that work?

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2018

Borislav,

You can consume this content using the rest api from your dashboard, i don't know any other standard way.

Maybe if the jira is internal and public you can expose this information in a public dashboard

Borislav Traikov March 12, 2018

Hi @Gaston Valente

Thank you for the reply. 

I am aware that I we can consume the API and construct the HTML ourselves. However, that - in my eyes - is just busy work that the team is not currently willing to commit to.
It would mean that we need to construct an image database of all Jira statuses that we use, as well as the work item icons.

It's just something that Confluence seems way too privileged with, while it's not readily made available for consumption of non-Atlassian web interfaces.

I'll look into Atlassian's the feature request Jira and upvote or log a new feature request for this. :)

Suggest an answer