How can I edit Sprint field of JIRA to put back multiple list of completed Sprints?

Rathna Ali
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 4, 2019

When closing Sprint X, I had accidentally moved the remaining issues (24) to a Sprint X+2 rather than the next one needed Sprint X+1

To correct this, I mistakenly did Tools | Bulk Update and edited the Sprint field for all 24 issues to Sprint X+1. However, this has wiped all history of the completed Sprints some of these tickets had been continuously bumped from. This also means Sprint X report is now incorrect.

To correct:

Most were just from Sprint X; for these I did following:

- Bulk Update Sprint field back to Sprint X;

- One by one individually edit Sprint and appended Sprint X+1.

However, I have 9 issues where completed Sprints included more than just Sprint X, eg Sprint X-2, Sprint X-1 etc.

How can I update Sprint field to include more than 1 completed Sprint value?

When doing through Bulk Update, did not allow me to enter more than one value separated by commas, only expecting numeric format.

The reason why i want this is to ensure previous Sprint reports also are correct.

1 answer

1 vote
Gabriele Franck
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2019

Hi, Rathna

The only is by using the sprint ID separated by commas. The Bulk Edit issues allows you to enter more than one value for the sprint field this way.

If you need help about how to get the ID of your sprints, this thread has some suggestions for that: Get latest Sprint ID

Hope this helps!

Gabi

Atlassian Team

Nikolai Klyukach
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 2, 2020

This is not true. Bulk edit does not allow to enter multiple values in Jira Cloud. When using values NN1, NN2, I get an error: 

Sprint id must be a number: 766
flushedCrusher
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 25, 2020

Remove the spaces from your comma separated list, and it will be successful.

Like Manasvi Patel likes this
Monica Morris October 13, 2023

@flushedCrusher This works for me, thank you so much!

I was able to bulk-add multiple sprints to multiple tickets by using the sprint ID in a comma-separated list, without spaces (for example: 100,101,102). This will save me a lot of time in the future if Jira fails to move all issues from one sprint to the next.

I really appreciate your suggestion, thank you again!!!

Suggest an answer