Get latest Sprint ID

Morten Schmidt August 28, 2012

Hi

We have created a custom worklog application which currently shows all tasks that have a FixVersion set and are not completed. This way we get a list of things to work on in the current Sprint.

However we would like to adopt the new Agile Board which uses sprint IDs instead.

I have found out that i can easily Query using the JQL and the "[sprint]" column however i need to know which sprint id iam searching for.

How do i get the ID of the latest sprint ?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2012

How about using the REST api of GreenHopper /sprints/{rapidViewId}, fetch the list and find which is the latest one?

Kavya Sai February 22, 2019

But is there any way to get current sprint with projectId/key ?

3 votes
Antonio DeJesus April 8, 2019

Easiest way i have found to do this

Search issues

select the sprint you want

Switch to advanced search and you get the ID

This would only be good if you had very few..

Charan Yalala February 19, 2020

Awesome Thanks Antonio.. I was able to update more than 50 Issues

3 votes
ChrisM September 20, 2012

If you're using Chrome, you can go to the "Work" page for the sprint. Then under the board name where it says "Sprint: Sprint XYZ", right click "Sprint XYZ" and choose "Inspect Element".

This will show you some source that looks like this:

<dd data-sprint-id="2" class="ghx-sprint js-sprintfilter ghx-solo"><a class="ghx-name js-toggle-sprint" role="button">Sprint 13</a><a class="ghx-trigger js-sprint-details" role="button"><span class="ghx-icon ghx-icon-cogdrop"></span></a></dd>

The value for data-sprint-id is your sprint id.

Another tip that may be useful is the JQL query "Sprint in openSprints()".

Sumit Kumar Sharma May 26, 2020

This answer really saved my day. Thanks :) 

0 votes
Greg Macdonald March 19, 2018

Better answer from Antonio DeJesus below. Sorry I can't delete my old answer

0 votes
Srikanth Reddy August 24, 2016

If you are looking for the current sprint ID 

click "Boards"

select the board you want to get the sprint ID from

open any issue on the boards "Active sprint" page

In the "Agile" section on the issue page right click on the sprint and choose "open link in new tab"

You will see the sprint ID in the url of the new tab

0 votes
Andrew Gansler September 30, 2013

Someone provided a more efficient method in response to a similar question elsewhere. It's still a bit klunky, but more convenient than reviewing source HTML.

Move from the Work board to the Report Board. Check out the resulting URL string; the Sprint ID is in there. For example, mine looks like this:

https://xxxxx.jira.com/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=23&view=reporting&chart=burndownChart&sprint=10</strong<>>

Horia Berca March 29, 2018

Works like a charm

Suggest an answer