How can I display the epic name in a rule?

Natalia Mojica April 10, 2024

Hello, I created a rule so that every time someone creates an epic, jira automation sends me an email with the name of that epic (I use this, but the field {issue.summary} is not working)

• A new epic/project ({issue.summary}) was added to the creative board by [~accountid:{{issue.reporter.accountId}}]

For example, if the epic is: epic2024 created by Natalia:

• A new epic/project (epic2024) was added to the creative board by Natalia

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Collista Lewingdon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2024

Short answer is your smart language is deficient {issue.summary} needs to be {{issue.summary}}.

Below are steps/long answer for setting up this automation using Jira Automation:

1. Navigate to Automation: Log in to your Jira instance and go to the project where you want to set up the automation.

2. Create a New Rule:

• Look for an option like "Automate" or "Automation" in your Jira interface.
    • Click on "Create rule" or "Create new rule".
  3. Set Trigger:

• Choose the trigger event. In this case, select "Issue created".
    • Specify the issue type as "Epic".
  4. Define Conditions (if needed):

• Optionally, you can add conditions such as project or issue type to narrow down when this rule should run.
  5. Add Action:

• Choose the action "Send email".
    • Enter your email address in the recipient field.
    • Customize the email subject and body using available variables like {{issue.key}} and {{issue.summary}} to include relevant details about the epic.
  6. Save and Enable:

• Save your rule and ensure it's enabled.

If my answer helps your resolve your issue please select it as the accepted answer. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2024

Hi @Natalia Mojica , can you try {{issue.key}}?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events