How can I create reports based on custom fields?

How can I create reports based on custom fields?

1 answer

0 votes

Depends on the reports.  Some will ask you what fields you want to report on, and will include custom fields in their options.  Some rely on you building filters that select what you want to look at.  Some do both.

I think you need to specify what reports you're looking for, rather than just tell us you're looking for some custom field information.

I am building a custom report in JIRA. This will display tickets submitted by department. The department is a custom field integrated into JIRA using the Active Directory Attributes Sync add-on.

When I attempt to build the report using series, JIRA cannot find the custom AD fields.

Do you have any suggestions?

Can the field be searched in the standard search UI?  (Issue navigator)

I was able to resolve using this logic:

issue in searchFromAD(reporter, department, "Information Technology")

Thanks for the help.

Hi Claudius, 

I have been thinking to generate report as per department. But I dont have Department as Field as such in my Jira. What do you suggest, can you help?

DO you think using Active Directory Attributes plugin we can do that. 

Thanks,

Smriti 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,646 views 18 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you