How can I create a template Service Desk project? Or how can I clone a SD project? (Server)

Holland Risley June 18, 2018

It takes a long time to create a project and set it up as we would like it. Even if we create from existing configuration.

Is it possible to create our own project template, that appears in the Create Project Dialogue? 

If not can I clone a Service Desk project? I tried using "JIRA Copy Project" plug in, but the resulting project failed and won't load the left menu, so that doesn't work for us.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2018

Hello,

There is an open request for this feature:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-191

It is no available yet out of the box. But you can try to use  the ScriptRunner plugin to clone such project.

Holland Risley July 3, 2018

Thanks, does ScriptRunner definitely work to clone Service Desk Projects?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2018

You can try it. You can get a trial license.

0 votes
Mark Markov
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2018
Holland Risley June 18, 2018

Thanks @Mark Markov - The only trouble is when I create the project like this is doesn't have the same set up as the one I am copying from. 

So the helpdesk has completely different options. For example the project I want to copy allows customers to

• raise a bug
  • ask a question
  • request a change.

When I use shared configuration it appears with: 

• IT Help - Detailed
  • IT Help - Quick
  • Purchase

Suggest an answer