How can I create a issue directly from Visual Studio integrated with Github Repositary

Aninda Bhowmik January 14, 2022

Hi

I am trying to setup a kind of automation here where, I want to know if this can be possible and incorporated in the present environment. So I've Visual Studio (VS), Jira Software and Github (normal free account)

In my VS i've configured my Github account and I can directly explore my repositary and make changes in the code and commit it directly. I've jira Software also setup within VS. 

Now in a situation let's say I am exploring my repositary and let's say I've opened a file in which I see certain line numbers require code change/review or whatever may be the case.

How can I create a issue directly within from VS referncing that Github file and its specific line numbers. so that whenever the assignee of the issue will go through he will be able to pick it up right from file and line number which I've asked him to look into.

Its just like a pagemark with the issue I am trying to do which will help me to complete that will allow me to interact with my developers directly in jira working on a common repositary

Any suggestions/Directions/Guidance would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for going through this.

Regards 

Ani.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders