How can I copy the name of the sprint into a text field?

I want to sync a JIRA issue into another application and one of the fields I want to sync is the Sprint name. But it isn't exposed for the integration interface. If I could find a way to copy the sprint name into a text field, they I thing I could make the interface handle it.

Any ideas? (The other application is Zendesk.)

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Apparently, there is no simple way to do thie.

Hi George!

Well, I think a good idea wll be to develope calculated custom field (as a plugin), that would gather info from the sprint.

I'm sure that 's one way to go. But I have neither the time, budget, nor inclination to start writing my own plugins.

Calculated field is already available. I don't know how to write the code that would go in it to grab the 'Sprint' value. But even if I did, I assume this calculates the value on the fly when the field is displayed. I need the value in the database so the Zendesk API can grab it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

465 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you