How can I copy the name of the sprint into a text field?

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2014

I want to sync a JIRA issue into another application and one of the fields I want to sync is the Sprint name. But it isn't exposed for the integration interface. If I could find a way to copy the sprint name into a text field, they I thing I could make the interface handle it.

Any ideas? (The other application is Zendesk.)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2014

Apparently, there is no simple way to do thie.

0 votes
Julia Levcovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2014

Hi George!

Well, I think a good idea wll be to develope calculated custom field (as a plugin), that would gather info from the sprint.

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2014

I'm sure that 's one way to go. But I have neither the time, budget, nor inclination to start writing my own plugins.

Calculated field is already available. I don't know how to write the code that would go in it to grab the 'Sprint' value. But even if I did, I assume this calculates the value on the fly when the field is displayed. I need the value in the database so the Zendesk API can grab it.

Suggest an answer