How can I configure the Gamification in my JIRA instance like your "Recent Awards"?

Arnold Chang March 17, 2013

How can I configure the Gamification in my JIRA instance like your "Recent Awards"?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2013
Arnold Chang March 20, 2013

Thanks a lot. That's what I'm looking forward to. :-)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2013

Um. "Answers" is not Jira. They're different software packages, and Jira doesn't do "gamification".

Arnold Chang March 17, 2013

Okay. So could you please let me know how you enable "Recent Awards"?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2013

Again, Jira and Answers are different applications.

To try to answer this specific one "Recent awards" are in Answers, and as far as I know, always available in it.

Please try to separate these two systems in your mind - they are not the same thing.

understood. still wanna know how you implement it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2013

You do not seem to be understanding this - these are two different systems. They do different things.

If you want to try to get this sort of functionality into Jira, you need to design and write a plugin to do it.

got it. thanks for your comment. But I try not to design and write any plugin.

Holly Meza November 11, 2020

@Arnold Chang you would have to build custom code via a plugin to do this - we do it in our instance with cPrime SIL. 

Suggest an answer