How can I change the default workflow?

Hello..

I have a questions.

Can I change my default workflow when I create a project??

Now, when I create a project, it is set Default Workflow Scheme and JIRA Workflow(jira) automatically. 

It is system scheme.. so I can't edit it..

There are an example below:

I made the workflow named "ABC" and also, I made the workflow scheme named "morning"

When I create a project named "Test", is it set workflow scheme named "morning" automatically as a default??

is it possible?

someone give me ideas..

thanks ahead

2 answers

When you created a new project you can simply replace the default schemes with your own "defaults" (morning Workflow Scheme, etc.). That is not a big deal and can be done within minutes.

yeah as you told me, I can change after creating a project about workflows.. But what I want to do it is System default about workflow scheme....

This is not possible so far. See the issue Tuncay mentioned. There might be cases where this leads to an improvement but on the other side it might not. Just imagine two different departments (e.g. test management vs. development), who will have the default schemes...

This question is discussed here.

There is an issue JRA-9363 which has been created in 2006 to define a workflow to be default one for new projects, but still remains in OPEN state smile

Tuncay Senturk

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,293 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot