How can I change a Team's logo or picture in Jira?

Kalpana K February 26, 2020

I have looked around but not found a way to customize a team's logo/ picture. Would be nice to see this as a field to add to the Print template as well. Would be great during PI Planning. Thanks for the help!

1 answer

1 vote
Marianne Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2020

Which version of Jira are you on?  There are slight differences, but these instructions should help.  You will need project permissions that allow you this level of access. (Project Admin or higher)

In Cloud, you can go to the Project, and select Project Settings (cog) from the Navigation menu.  You will land on Details.  There is a section in the middle to set an Avatar/upload an image.

If you are on Server, it's very similar.  Go to the Project, select Project Settings from the Navigation menu (at the bottom).  It defaults to Summary - Click  details just below.

logo.jpg

Hope this helps,

Marianne Miller

Kalpana K February 26, 2020

Thanks Marianne!.. We use that for changing the Project's logo.  
I wanted to ask if there was a way to change the Team or Team Board's logo like the below.  Thanks!
Team-Logo.JPG

Like # people like this
Paul Loveday January 27, 2023

Was there an answer to this? Also keen to edit avatar for Team field.

Like # people like this
Mike Monk February 14, 2023

I'm interested in this as well!

CC August 11, 2023

My issue with the avatar is a little different.  The avatar is making the filter results, which I send via subscription to the teams, really, really long because the avatar is huge.

Charles Famarin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 3, 2024

You can use an Emoji in the Team Name field.

Navigate to the detail page of your Team.  Edit the Name.  Right Click and insert Emoji.
JiraEmoji.png

Suggest an answer