How can I change Attachment File path in JIRA?

SungJin Woo September 27, 2011

Do you know about that subject?

we want to change Attachement File Path.

Plz Let me know about this.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MinC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2011

You can refer to this documentation on how to change the attachment path:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+File+Attachments

Soporte Sistemas October 3, 2017

Link is not available.

I don't found information about of theme.

someone can help me....

Thanks a lot

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2017

That's because you're looking at a 6 year old thread.

You can no longer change the attachment path in Jira, it is always <jira home>/attachments.

You can still mount different directories there or use symbolic links to place it where-ever you want, but you have to do that with the operating system, not Jira.

Like Brad Mace [ATS] likes this
1 vote
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

Hi there!

After version 5.1 of Jira - for security reasons - the ability to change the attachment directory has been removed.

So now, the recommended way is to create a symbolic link from the default attachment path to the target path where you want your attachment to be uploaded.

Please check here for more details: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Changing+The+Attachments+Directory+in+JIRA+4.2+to+JIRA+5.1

Suggest an answer