How can I add custom fields to service desk customer portal?

Zack Lindberg November 7, 2019

I am a bit surprised how difficult it has been to find an answer to this question.

I am using classic jira service desk and would like to add more fields to the customer facing service desk portal. For instance, right now there is just a summary field that is displayed.

I would also like to add a description field to capture a detailed description of the problem and also a custom list field so the user can select from a defined list of issue areas.

I cannot find how to do this in the project settings. I see where you can edit Request Types but I don't see anything on adding custom fields.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2019

Hi Zack,

This is configured in Project Settings -> Request types. More info in this documentation.

1 vote
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2019

@Zack Lindberg As you said the custom fields that you added in the create screen will be in it .

Then go to Project Settings > Request types > Edit fields > Add a field ...in that all the fileds that you have added in the create screen will appear and you can add it to you request type 

This will make the custom fields be displayed on the customer portal.

Regards,

Kevin.

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2019

zack,

First add the fields in Jira after which you can add them to the request types.

NOTE that some fields like assignee and  linked issues should be hidden from customers.

Victor

Suggest an answer