How can I add another screen scheme to my project without replacing my current screen?

Sergi Ortega October 22, 2021

Hello there!

I would like to add a new screen to my project but without replacing the current screen.

So I can have different screens schemes in the same project. Different screen schemes for each issue type.

How can I do it? 

Thank you so much and have a great weekend! :)

Sergi 

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Mike McNamara April 8, 2022

In case anyone else is searching and has an issue trying to do this.

I wanted to have a different screen scheme (and workflow) for a specific issue type within a project. I found that I needed to set up a new screen scheme for that new issue type, and then edit (configure ) the Issue Type Screen Scheme in use by the project to Associate an issue type with the screen scheme. I selected the new issue type and chose the new screen scheme to use. The result was the Issue Type screen scheme for the project showing each issue type and the associated screen scheme. 

Hopefully that helps as I spent a few hours trying to get it all to work properly. 

My initial result allowed me to use a different Create screen based on issue type which is very useful in my case.

I can provide more details if anyone else comes across this and is stuck. Just know that it is possible!

Kiva Bostrom May 3, 2022

Thank you Mike, after reading your post I was able to figure this out. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2021

Yes, you can do this.

There are three layers to the screens:

• A screen is a list of fields to show to people when Jira needs to give them fields
  • A screen scheme defines what screen to show when people are using a Create, Edit or View action
  • An issue type screen scheme tells a project what screen scheme to use for each issue type in the project

So, you can see from that that you can create a new screen for create, edit and/or view, and use it with one or more issue types in each project differently.

Sergi Ortega October 24, 2021

Thank you! :)

Suggest an answer