How can I add a "LOG WORK" button?

Paulina Mijal September 6, 2022

Dear All, 

How can I add a a "LOG WORK" button in the issue view? In one of a project in my company the button is added, in other is not. How can I solve it?

3 answers

1 vote
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022
0 votes
Dam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

Hi @Paulina Mijal 

If you see the time tracking section on the right of the issue screen you can click on the "plus" sign and this will open you the same popup like when going to "More > Log Work" https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/logging-work-on-issues-939938944.html

You can also create a transition from any status to any status  in your workflow, display a screen with the log work field on it. 

But of course you need the proper permission on the project and issue you need to log work on... 

I hope it helps. 

Dam. 

Alex December 1, 2023

Hi @Dam,

is there some way to make "the time tracking section on the right of the issue screen" with the "plus" sign visible by default, always, for each issue?

For us it would only appear after a first time has been logged (via menu "More" -> "Log").

Best regards,

Alex

0 votes
Lukáš Meitner September 6, 2022

Hi @Paulina Mijal ,

can you please specify the version of JIRA server instance? Work on issue is one of options of project permissions. Check, if your account match the option conditions.

Best regards,

Lukas

Suggest an answer