How can I add SPRINT Field under View Bug Screen / Details Section

Elad Dolev October 20, 2017

I read all the relevant Posts but did not find an exact Answer - We have the Sprint Field (which I understand is a normal Field) on the Ticket Acceptence TAB and I try to add it to the VIEW Screen under the Details Section but unable to do so. Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Victor Pana October 20, 2017
Elad Dolev October 20, 2017

I actually did, but I will read again now, maybe missed something. I am a fairly new Jira User and the Screens issue is quite confusing for me still :)

Elad Dolev October 23, 2017

I actually understand that has to do something with the fact that the Sprint Field is empty as default, so that is why I can only view it under Details once it is has a Value. Question is how to change this behaviour?

Victor Pana October 23, 2017

That is default behaviour of JIRA field, they will not be shown unless they have a value. But, if you edit the issue, then you should be shown all fields, including the empty ones so that you can assign the needed value.

To properly understand this, can you please clarify as to what are you referring to by "Details Sections"

Is it: 

a) The issue detail view when clicking an issue in a board?

b) The view that you get when you open an issue separately all the screen contains only that issue information?

c) Something else? If yes, what? 

Option (a), that is, when u click an Issue from anywhere almost, u get the default View Screen, where u can c Type, Priority, Status, Environment and so on. Needs to note that the Field "Fix Versions" is also empty but it is still shown with parameter "None". 10xs for your effort!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2017

There is no way to change this behaviour, it's coded into the core of Jira.  It hides empty fields on issue view.

Thank u for the Info. I guess a Workaround could be just having a default value for that Field so it will be shown.

Elad Dolev October 25, 2017

One thought though - how come the "Fix Version" Field does appear always even though it is empty? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2017

Fix version is a system field, most of which don't hide themselves.  It's inconsistent and annoying!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer