How and where can I run the SQL query for JIRA

Hamza Siddique October 29, 2018

I want to run the below query to enable the disabled plugins but I dont know where to run it. Please help how can where can I run it.

• update pluginstate set pluginenabled='true' where pluginkey='com.atlassian.pocketknife.api.commons.plugin';

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2018

Hello,

You should find out what your database is, which you use for Jira, and connect to this database with a tool for this database.

Hamza Siddique October 29, 2018

I have jira service desk server version ... What is the path to the database for JIRA ? Sorry I am new to JIRA.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2018

By the way, if you are on Jira Cloud, you can not query the database.

If you are on Jira Server, then you can find info of your database if launch the config program:

jira_install\bin\config.sh for Linux

jira_install\bin\config.bat for Windows.

You can find more info here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/switching-databases-802592192.html

Like Gino Montanez likes this
Anupamshaw February 21, 2023

@Alexey Matveev Hi ,hope your issue got resolved i am little bit confused where to use aql query or jql command in jira service management to filter out the duplicate asset and to delete it .

Thanks and regards 
Anupam

Suggest an answer