How administrator can configure dashboard for user group?

Andrei Arkhipov September 15, 2012

Hello.

I have a group of users external to our organization and I want them to have a very specific layout of dashboard when they login - see only limited set of actions in menus and specific widgets on dashboard.

I understand, each user can choose one of predefined views but I want to assign this template for them before they log in for the first time.

Is it possible?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2012

Using the system dashboard which you can pre-configure it. User login for first time will see this dashboard and user without their own dashboard will see this as well.

Hope it helps you.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2012

Set the default dashboard up as they need it is the obvious answer.

You can't set other people's dashboards up, although if you have the script-runner (or are willing to write a bit of code), you can set other people's favourites.

If you do that, a human word of warning - it's fine for new users, but do NOT mess with existing users setups. Humans who have taken the time to set up a dashboard that suits them will get REALLY annoyed if you mess around with it without their permission.

Andrei Arkhipov September 15, 2012

It looks I was not clear.

I need for one group of users, say "internal users" one default dashboard and set of menus, but for another group of users "external users" another dashboard and another set of menus.

Of course, user may change it later but I need these different views at their first login.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2012

No, it was pretty clear, I was just pointing out that there's only one default dashboard and you'll need to do some coding and/or scripting to set that up the way you want - dashboards simply aren't done on a group level. They use groups to control sharing, but not access.

Suggest an answer