How To Create Confluence page with Jira Issue

ddch.peradze October 29, 2019

Hello People
i am trying to find if there is a way to create Confluence page, while creating jira issue.

For example, i click on new issue, and there is Field or button to create confluence page(Which is neccessery in my case) . after creation this issue and confluence page should be linked..

any help?

thanks in advance

3 answers

2 votes
Julien Peyrade _ Elements
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 2, 2023

Hello @ddch.peradze 

I apologize for the very late answer, but since I'm not sure you got the help you needed, I'll do my best to help with an up-to-date solution. So, if you don't mind using an add-on, Elements Publish lets you do exactly what you are asking.

Full disclosure: I'm the Head of Product at Elements, which is developing this app.

With our app you can create Confluence pages from Jira issues, either manually (by clicking a button in the issue) or automatically (with a post-function or Automation, for example when your issue is created).

Elements Publish has many more features than any native solution. Indeed, you can : 

• insert any Jira issue data in the Confluence page (and keep the value synchronized between the issue and the page if needed)
  • automatically link the page to the issue
  • use any Confluence template you need or design the page yourself

The app is free for 30 days, (and stays free if your instance is under 10 users), so feel free to give it a try, and don't hesitate to tell reach our Support if you have any question.

Kind regards,

Julien

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2019

I think you could "borrow" the code from https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/create-a-confluence-page-for-each-subtask-of-an-issue  (you'll need to click on the "Cloud" tab to get code for Cloud)

Dachi_Peradze November 11, 2019

Thank you nic it worked i used code for cloud!

One remaining problem , i want code that will automatically link newly created page to this issue, with postfunction and scriptrunner, any suggestions with this too?

0 votes
Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2019
Dachi_Peradze October 30, 2019

I Am using Script below with ScriptRunner but it has errors, on importing files.

any suggestions?

Suggest an answer