How JIRA detects to which panel to insert a custom field?

Erko Knoll March 30, 2018

Hi,

I have implemented a calculated custom field which simply returns an ApplicationUser. While everything works fine I can see this custom field being added to "Details" section under issue view. Correct placement would be under "People". I can't seem to find any XML configuration or API methods to tell JIRA in which section my field should be rendered in. 

Does anyone know the logic how JIRA detects which type of the field it is dealing with and based on that where it needs to place it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2018

That would be defined by an inherited interface of the custom field class. If it is not your plugin, then you can not influence it.

Thanks for the answer, it makes sense and it is my class. Do you know exactly what needs to be inherited because currently I'm extending CalculatedCFType<ApplicationUser, ApplicationUser> and it's not working, or this type of placement won't work for Calculated Fields by design?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2018

com.atlassian.jira.issue.field.UserField

Thanks! This was it.

Suggest an answer