It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How JIRA detects to which panel to insert a custom field?

Erko Mar 30, 2018

Hi,

I have implemented a calculated custom field which simply returns an ApplicationUser. While everything works fine I can see this custom field being added to "Details" section under issue view. Correct placement would be under "People". I can't seem to find any XML configuration or API methods to tell JIRA in which section my field should be rendered in. 

Does anyone know the logic how JIRA detects which type of the field it is dealing with and based on that where it needs to place it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev [cPrime] Community Leader Mar 30, 2018

That would be defined by an inherited interface of the custom field class. If it is not your plugin, then you can not influence it.

Erko Mar 30, 2018

Thanks for the answer, it makes sense and it is my class. Do you know exactly what needs to be inherited because currently I'm extending CalculatedCFType<ApplicationUser, ApplicationUser> and it's not working, or this type of placement won't work for Calculated Fields by design?

Alexey Matveev [cPrime] Community Leader Mar 30, 2018

com.atlassian.jira.issue.field.UserField

Erko Mar 30, 2018

Thanks! This was it.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

1,142 views 2 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you