It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How I can export issues to a text file from OnDemand?

Nick Oct 28, 2013

We're writing user stories in JIRA OnDemand and want to export them to a flat text file for execution. If we were using a local instance we could possibly do this through the command line. None of the add-ons that might do this seem to be available for OnDemand either.

Options seem to be :

1. Export as Excel and then re-export somehow to text

2. Export as XML and transform via XSLT

Has anyone had any experience with either?

How feasible is it to make this dynamic (i.e. export all issues on a release via Bamboo)

We've looked at Behave Pro but it doesn't seem to support the ability to run different sets of issues yet. It runs everything marked as "automated" every time you execute.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

JIRA Command Line Interface produces a csv file with the getIssueList action.

Nick Oct 29, 2013

Thanks Bob - I think I got there marginally ahead of you - I downloaded CLI last night and got it working. Fabulous add-on and it does exactly what I need once I worked out the syntax of "runFromIssueList" method... ta!

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Early Access: If you use Jenkins and Jira Software Cloud, you need to read this!

The Jira Software Cloud Team has been busy working on a simple, secure, and reliable way to integrate your build and deployment information from Jenkins with Jira Software Cloud. This means you don’t...

260 views 0 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you