How Can We Best Integrate Jira With Our CRM Setup?

Dexter Landau November 1, 2019

Hi there! 
We are a smaller AdTech company, using Hubspot as CRM and Jira Software, Confluence and Service Desk.

I head our Customer Success Initiatives. What I want is a smart integration with our CRM, so that clients that are signed and are to be onboarded to our platform can be moved to a board/tool/overview managed in Jira, similar to how a Kanban board is structured, but preferably not structured as 'issues', but as whole companies/organizations. 

At the same time, I'd like the entities in this overview connected to the same entities in Hubspot so the sales managers can see the current status of the onboarding in the CRM.

After the initial onboarding is complete, I want to move the clients/companies/entities to another view, used for status on regular status meetings, etc.

So Jira becomes a tool to act as a supplement to the real CRM, but in practice act as the CRM for the Customer Success Team, while Hubspot is of course still the "real" CRM for the Sales Team.

Hope the above makes sense, and I'd really appreciate any ideas or feedback on which Jira Product/Feature you'd believe would suit us best! 

Thanks in advance.
Dexter Landau, Client Success Manager, Passendo

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2019

Hi @Dexter Landau

I think this blog is a good starting point for closing the gap between sales and support. I also found a brief overview of the process from Hubspot here.

I would start by checking our Jira Service desk - a getting started guide is here. It is designed more around support and customer engagement, and could be a good extension for either contacting your sales team or your customers directly. Service Desk comes with a more client-specific approach but still utilises Jira staples (such as Boards).

Ste

Dexter Landau November 4, 2019

Hi Stephen 

Thanks for the reply here, really appreciated it! 

A couple of follow up thoughts from my end. My initial thought regarding the Jira Cloud CRM integration seems to be the same as that of many other users - on paper it sounds good but in practice it provides little to no value.

Secondly, we are already using Jira Service Desk for all external oriented support as well as knowledge base connected from Confluence, and we'll soon be using the K15 viewport to scale it even further.
What I am looking for in the CRM integration, is really a hand-on working tool. Meaning that I want to somehow create all the clients we have as separate entities in the system, and then hopefujlly visualize them in a prioty based list, backlog, board, etc., very similar to how we structure dev issues. 

This tool is to be used for easily looking up the status of a client, writing notes for meetings held, looking at current issues and feature requests connected to them, etc.

Any thoughts on this? 

Kind regards, Dexter

George-Paul de Lange March 11, 2022

Top of the morning Dexter, I am new to JIRA and have an almost similar issue that you are having and we are exploring CRM for JIRA. we don't mind starting from scratch but there is very little help available on how to start. any guidance from you would be appreciated

Suggest an answer