History of Component

Marzi Goodarzian September 24, 2019

Hello

I using "Automation for JIRA" plugin, can change component in my issues in jira. when assignee change then component modify. Now I want report from first component in my issues.
Do you know how to do?JQL ? or plugin or field?

thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2019

Hello @Marzi Goodarzian

Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that you are trying to retrieve a list of issues which had a specific component in the past. Is it correct?

You can use JQL query to return it, like the one below:

component was "xyz" and component != "xyz"

Now, if you want to simply return a list of issues with their first component that was posteriorly changed, I believe JIRA does not provide this kind of feature. An option would be to:

1 - Create a new text custom field

2 - Use the Automation for JIRA plugin to properly add the component value to the custom field every time it is updated, so you will be able to return the issues in a JQL filter together with the history information of the component field.

Let me know if this information helps.

Marzi Goodarzian October 1, 2019

Hi

Thanks @Petter Gonçalves 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2019

You are welcome, @Marzi Goodarzian

Have a nice day. :)

Alexander Bergmayr July 17, 2020

Hi,

@Petter Gonçalves, I am also looking for a JQL query to return issues to which specific components were assigned. Therefore, the "was" operator seems very interesting. After successfully installing the "Automation for Jira" pluging (assuming that the "was" operator comes with this plugin) I am still not lucky:

image.png

Did I miss something to make the "was" operator work?

Many thanks, Alexander

Laura Colon November 22, 2021

Same here, I get an error when trying to use was. 

1 vote
Bernardo April 22, 2020

hi @Petter Gonçalves

What should I do in or the to use the "was" operator, along with "component", according to Jira JQL documentation "was" operator is not supported for "component" as a field of reference:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver085/advanced-searching-fields-reference-981156848.html#Advancedsearching-fieldsreference-ComponentComponent

How do you make it work??

Thanks!

Suggest an answer