It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

History of Component

Hello

I using "Automation for JIRA" plugin, can change component in my issues in jira. when assignee change then component modify. Now I want report from first component in my issues.
Do you know how to do?JQL ? or plugin or field?

thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hello @Marzii125

Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that you are trying to retrieve a list of issues which had a specific component in the past. Is it correct?

You can use JQL query to return it, like the one below:

component was "xyz" and component != "xyz"

Now, if you want to simply return a list of issues with their first component that was posteriorly changed, I believe JIRA does not provide this kind of feature. An option would be to:

1 - Create a new text custom field

2 - Use the Automation for JIRA plugin to properly add the component value to the custom field every time it is updated, so you will be able to return the issues in a JQL filter together with the history information of the component field.

Let me know if this information helps.

You are welcome, @Marzii125

Have a nice day. :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

273 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you