Highlight stories that start on the same day and were assigned to the same person

Michail Neskis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 24, 2022

Dear all, 

I am looking for a solution at the following : 

Is there a way to have Jira somehow highlight two or more stories, if :

• They were assigned to the same person and 
  • and the start date is the same 

In summary a possible conflict? 

Thank you for your response

Best regards, 

Michail 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2022

Hi @Michail Neskis and welcome to the Community!

While maybe not a direct answer to the solution you suggest, maybe a workaround for the problem you are trying to solve ...

Your statement suggests that you are trying to avoid a planning conflict for future issues (detecting the issue after the facts may be informative, but you'd be too late to do anything about it anymore). So try pulling a list of all the issues that have an assignee and a start date between today and 5 days from now - sort it by assignee and start date:

Assignee IS NOT EMPTY AND "Start Date" > StartOfDay AND "Start Date" <= 5d ORDER BY Assignee, "Start Date""

Depending on the size of your team, that should give you a manageable list that you can easily scroll through to see if there's any problems there. If you do have a lot of assignees, you can always restrict your results by filtering out specific assignees, limiting your dates or any combination you like.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events