Hiding Values From Appearing in a List From a System Field

Justin_Moniz January 3, 2020

Hi All, 

I'd like to be able to hide values from a system field like Priority, Resolution, etc, without  deleting the value from the field entirely, as I don't want tickets that have used the values to be Empty, and I don't want to make several bulk changes. 

I've been going through many posts and questions, but I've only been able to find something on Custom Fields and not System Fields. 

To help explain what I'd like to do, in the Resolution field I have values like: Open, Closed, Re-Opened, In Discussion, Need More Info, In Progress, Will Not Fix. After using all these values, I'd like to hide "In Discussion" from being displayed as a value. So if I were to edit the resolution field or create a new ticket, "In Discussion" would no longer appear, but if I were to make no edits, "In Discussion" would still populate the field and would be available for searching and querying. 

Is there a way to do this, maybe with an add-on? 

Any information would help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2020

You can achieve this for the resolution field through workflow properties and for the priority, using an add-on (e.g., scriptrunner). The following links might help you to address your requirements

Cheers.

Justin_Moniz February 14, 2020

Thank you very much! This worked beautifully!

Suggest an answer