Hide Status(es) from Customer Portal view

Is there a way to hide different status transition activity from the customer? Our agents change the status a LOT when working on an issue and I would like to limit how much activity the customer sees. I'd prefer if they only saw when an issue was created, in progress, escalated, closed, etc. instead of all of our extra statuses we have (Assigned to Team 1, Assigned to Team 2, etc....)

portal_activity.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes

It looks like you might have mapped your customer status directly on to your JIRA workflow.

One of the reasons people use Service Desk is that it can hide the internal JIRA status from the customer by grouping them together into more simple ones.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/configuring-request-types-and-workflows-732528910.html#Configuringrequesttypesandworkflows-CustomizingWorkflowCustomizetheworkflowstatusesforarequesttype

But the original question is still a really good one. How do you hide workflow status from clients in the portal? You can change the status name, but I can't see a way to hide it completely. 

Business case: Client needs to take action on an issue (provide an attachment) in one status of the workflow. But should not see the other statuses in the workflow.

Side Note: It would also be a really neat feature to hide the issue when in statuses that are not relevant to the client. I guess this could be done with Issue Security Scheme, but that is messy.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,831 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot