Hidden from portal request type behaviour

Manuel Rodrigues April 12, 2023

Hello,

I'd like to know if it's possible to have a request type that is hidden from the portal, a ticket therefore created internally, to still have the customer be able to track it's status progression via the portal.

1 answer

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

Hi @Manuel Rodrigues ,

Welcome to the community !!

To make a request type hidden, go to Project settings --> Request types
Click action button against the required request type --> Edit groups and unselect all the groups to which it belongs. Now the Request type falls under hidden groups.

image.png

Now project team/agents with create ticket permissions can create a ticket of similar Issue type to which hidden request type belongs to. (Example: Service Request)

While creating, you can select the hidden request type manually. You can raise request on behalf of user OR add user to Request participants(share) later so that user gets the required updates.

image.png

Note: Fix an Account type is hidden request type in my project.

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

Hi @Manuel Rodrigues ,
Even if the Ticket was already created without request type for it, you can select the request type later.
Only condition is that, the Issue type of ticket and required request types - Issue type  should be same. 

image.png

Manuel Rodrigues April 12, 2023

I don't have your created on behalf of field, I presume it's a custom creation.

I know how to create the hidden request type. The doubt is if I then change the reporter field to feature a customer name will the customer see the ticket progress via the portal or only via available notifications ?

Manuel Rodrigues April 13, 2023

I've changed the "reporter" field of a ticket that I didn´t report and assigned it to myself and I noticed it's progress is not shown on the portal. So it would seem the portal only shows tickets that were originally reported by the user, is this correct ?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events