Hi, i have a automation and when it runs i have an errors saying possible loop detected  , was executed more than 20 times in teh last 500ms.

did someone have an idea or had this error happen?

thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Just a few questions:

How did you automate it (rest/scheduler/active batch)?

What did you automate?

How often did you schedule it?

What is the full error, where did you see it?

What JIRA are you using (server/cloud)?

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi ,

i have a first automation who copy the component on the summary.

and a second one whe the issue is updated to copy the new component on the summary.

the error message is Possible loop detected! Rule 'Update Request Participants list when issue edited [test]' was executed more than '20' times in last '500' ms..

I am using JIRA server

image2017-2-1 13:56:36.png

I did some more testing it seams like the loop is started because i have 2 rules that run on Issue Updated.  This does not make sense because both are supposed to run if 2 different JQL queries are met.  If i disable one of them then everything runs fine. 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

225 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you